Wednesday 5 October 2011

4.10.2011



With our found lines, we were to use wires to create its shadow. For me, limiting to wires helped to focus on the shadow than the final physical object. My first few trials were constructed with direct point of views, bending them to fulfill the form. Then I twisted the pieces to stand upright, assuming I was entering 3D. I was tempted to ditch the wires. Yet, having seen Bettina Dittlmann’s beautiful works, I believed in the immense possibilities wires possess. In the end, it paid off sticking to one thing, it allowed thinking out of the box. Peter asked to summarize what we’ve learned into a sentence. Finding the words to interpret what we think and feel is imperative in making valuable criticism, which 2nd year is about.

No comments:

Post a Comment